Who We Serve
- Grassroots groups organizing in their communities;
- Organizations of oppressed and marginalized people;
- Those not served or funded by mainstream philanthropy, both nationally and internationally;
- Those most adversely impacted by systematic forms of injustice and oppression – therefore primarily, but not exclusively, communities of color;
- Intermediaries, coalitions and capacity builders;
- Organizations led by the people most adversely affected by conditions, issues or systems;
- Our inclusive PDF community – donors, grantees, partners.
Principles that guide our work with our partners:
- Support community-based organizations and grassroots groups and their locally-grown leaders, including young people, to articulate their realities, develop their analyses, critical thinking, and strategic action in order to challenge and transform the world around them.
- Strengthen community based and other intermediary capacity building organizations.
- Create, support and enhance opportunities for movement building through networking and alliance building.
- Support international movements and create opportunities to share movement-building strategies across international boundaries.
- Acknowledge and address power and class relationships in our grantmaking, capacity building and within PDF.